- A brief introduction to the "pioneering" concept
- logistics of use
- a tour of Public PIONEER's front page.
About the Information Café Databases
Web resources you won't find on the "free" Internet
- The Information Café databases can be accessed from the Public PIONEER home page.
- Use our helpful FAQs, searching tips and help in searching for articles in periodical databases. All but a few databases are accessible from home.
- Tutorials: PIONEER Premium Databases Quick and Easy Options for Self-Directed Learning.
Home Access to the Information Café Databases
- The Information Café Databases are available from your home computer
- Home Access varies depending on where you live.
- Davis County, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Murray, Washington County, Weber County and Uintah County offer access via their library card bar codes.
- All other areas may contact their local public libraries for an access code.
- There is home access to the Salt Lake Tribune (1990-date) in the NewsBank Database, and...
- Deseret News. This archive, 1988-present, is available from home via the NewsBank database.
Best of the Web, Internet Resources
The Best Research Value.
- Preselected Web Sites
A selection of 17 topics plus helpful reference resources such as biographies, dictionaries, phone books, and more.
- Searching the Internet couldn't be easier. Each page of Public PIONEER offers a search window to search the Pioneer web site, the Internet and headline news. Use Searching the Internet and our general guide to Tips for Better Searching to make your searches productive.
At Your Fingertips, Quick Information
- A "Find It Fast" drop down menu on the home page is designed for the person on the go. Quick information from auto buyer's guides, dictionaries, phone books, homework help, health, quotes, country information, weather, correct time, and more.
- Government Information and Services Available Online State of Utah information by type, in alphabetical order, links to city and county web sites, federal information.
- Library Web Sites and Online Catalogs. Utah's libraries are connected and growing. Search the individual library catalogs - who owns what, where. The Utah Public Library Multi-Catalog Search is a recent addition where the major Utah public library catalogs from Davis County, Murray, Orem, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, State Library Division and Weber County can be searched at once.
- Utah Newspapers (current ) and digital collections have all been gathered together. Take a look at today's issue and go back in time to the 19th century, all in one page!
Utah on the Web: A Unique Utah Portal
A Unique Utah Portal
- Utah on the Web is a unique portal to information for, by, and about Utahns; it gives the user access to Utah government, business, history, law, recreation, among other topics, and also includes the following:
- Symbols of Utah Quick and accurate information on the 17 symbols, passed by the Utah State Legislature, plus Utah's motto, emblem, flag and seal.
- County Histories A brief history of each of the 29 counties as well as census information for each county.
Tools, Tips, and Fine Print
The Necessary Stuff
- Link to Public PIONEER. Three copies of our Public PIONEER Logo are supplied for this use.
- Promote Public PIONEER in your Library.
- Site Map Get a general overview of the entire Public PIONEER web site. The site map can also be used by visually impaired or blind individuals as an easily accessible page to the web site.
- Contact Information
- Address: Utah State Library Division, 250 North, 1950 West Suite A, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116-7901. (801) 715-6777.