PIONEER Premium Databases in the Information Café
Quick and Easy Options for Self-Directed Learning
To access all WebEx Flash Tutorials, go to EBSCOhost Support/Tutorials page, http://support.epnet.com/CustSupport/Tutorials/Tutorials.asp
Among the tutorials are:
- Basic Search for Public Libraries (runtime 4 minutes)
- Advanced Search with Single Find Field: Creating Search and Journal Alerts (runtime 3 minutes)
- Advanced Search with Guided Style (runtime 4 minutes)
- Page Composer (runtime 3 minutes)
EBSCO Admin Features:
- Customize Services (runtime 6.25 minues)
- Authentication (runtime 2.66 minutes)
- Reports and Statistics (runtime 2.20 minutes)
- Multilingual Options (runtime 2.15 minutes)
WebEx Flash Tutorial (runtime 2.25 minutes)
Log into NewsBank (if using Public PIONEER web site, click on "Newspapers" from Pioneer's home page.) Once in the database, click on the "help" link found in the upper right corner of screen. The "help" window can be accessed anytime during your search. Or use the following:
Database Overview and Search Tips. Two page training handout.(.pdf)
Access the Factiva Database. From the opening search page, choose Support>>Learning (upper right hand corner of screen).Choose Web-based slide presentations "e-Topics". Available only to registered customers. Contains:
- Factiva.com Overview
- Factiva News Pages
- Factiva.comn Advanced Search
- Viewing and Managing Results in Factiva.com - Advanced Search
- Using Company Quick Search in Factiva.com
- Retreiving Market Data in Factiva.com
- Industry Reports in Factiva.com
Spend an hour online with our expert trainers. They’ll show you how to utilize features like Factiva Intelligent Indexing and Source Selector. They’ll also answer your questions and show you how access support options.
Registration for seminars open to the public: http://www.factiva.com
For a wealth of information about this product, go to the LitFINDER site. The tutorials include a fact sheet, reviews, sample searches, search tips and a very cool online audio-visual presentation and more.
And log in to the LitFINDER database for on-screen instructions. Choose Help at any time.
Log in to SIRS. There are on-screen instructions. Choose help at any time during your search.
Direct access to SIRS tutorials and support materials http://www.proquestk12.com/training.shtml. Select K-12 Training Opportunities>>SIRS Knowledge Source and SIRS Discoverer.
- Presentation that can be used as an online web demonstration or downloaded into a PowerPoint file covering content, search features and tips for using the SIRS Databases.
- SIRS Leading Issues Multimedia Demo
- SIRS Toolkit & Librarian's Corner Multimedia Demo
- SKS Help Guide
Training opportunities, open to librarians and educators, sponsored by the Pioneer Library Advocates and the Utah Education Network.
Workshops open to librarians, educators and researchers sponsored by the Utah State Library.