Tax Information for Utah Residents - 2013
Find resources for preparing federal and state taxes for individuals. The Utah State Library does not distribute tax forms. The Library can not offer any tax assistance or advice. This page is for informational use only.
Tax Information for...
- Individuals: Employees, Self-Employed, International, Military, Seniors & Retirees, and Students
Find IRS Forms and Publications: The official source of IRS tax products
- List of IRS Forms and Instructions
Over 1100 tax forms and instructions from the IRS
- List of IRS Publications
Over 700 tax publications from the IRS
- Previous Years
Prior years forms, instructions and publications
How to File
- E-file for Individuals: Fast, easy alternative to filing paper returns
3 ways to file your return electronically: tax professional, personal computer, Free File.
- IRS e-File: File electronically
through a tax professional & locate authorized IRS e-file Providers for Individuals
Find a tax professional to e-file your return
- e-file Using a Computer: prepare your tax return on a personal computer (using tax preparation software) and transmit the information via the Internet to an electronic return transmitter
- Free File: Free way to prepare and e-file your federal taxes online if you make less than $57,000 per year
- IRS e-File: File electronically through a tax professional & locate authorized IRS e-file Providers for Individuals
- Free Tax Return Preparation For You by Volunteers
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. The military also has a strong Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program.
- Where to File Paper Tax Returns - With or Without a Payment
How to Pay
RefundsRefund information for the most current tax year that you filed will generally be available 72 hours after acknowledged receipt of your e-filed return, or three to four weeks after mailing a paper return.
Contact the Local Utah IRS Office
- Utah IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers offers face-to-face tax help.
- Locations in Ogden, Provo, Downtown Salt Lake, and Salt Lake co-location with the Utah State Tax Commission.
- Hours, location and phone numbers for each location.
- Multilingual assistance is available in every office.
- El IRS en Español
- Formularios y Publicaciones
- Crédito por Ingreso del Trabajo (EITC)
- Free File: Presente su Declaración Federal de Impuestos gratuitamente
- ¿Dónde está mi reembolso?
Credits and Deductions
Need More IRS Tax Information? Can't find the information here?
Utah Income Tax Information for...
Find Utah Tax Forms and Publications: The official source of Utah State Tax Commission products
How to File
- Utah TAP - Utah's Taxpayer Access Point: Free electronic filing
- Commercial Software & Websites
- Filing Paper Returns
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs