Utah State Railroad Museum - Ogden Union Station
The museums at the Ogden Union Station have been designated the Utah State Railroad Museum (Utah Code). Visitors are treated to a variety of interactive and pictoral displays and artifacts illustrating the construction of the transcontinental railroad.
The Maintenance of Way exhibit includes a rail handcar and an locomotive cab. The Wattis-Dumke Model Railroad recreates Northern Utah's rail topography. Model trains zip through significant regional features including the Sierra Nevada, the Lucin Trestle across the Great Salt Lake, Ogden Union Station with Historic 25th Street, Weber Canyon, Dale Creek, Wyoming, and much more.
Utah's Railroad History
- Golden Spike National Historic Site in Utah (National Park Service)
- JUMP iN Stop, look & Listen Explore Railroading in Utah (Utah History for Kids)
- Mining and Railroads (Utah History to Go)
- Ogden Union Station
Learn more about Railroads
- Building the Transcontinental Railroad (The Learning Page, Library of Congress)
- Congress and the American West: The Transcontinental Railroad (National Archives and Records Administration)
- History of Railroads & Maps (American Memory, Library of Congress)
- Railroad Maps: 1828-1900 (American Memory, Library of Congress)